Abundance of Amenities
Lora Bay offers a variety of amenities including:
- Private beach club – 2 beautiful waterfront beach areas perfect for picnics, volleyball and access to water activities
- The Recreation Centre – 10,000 sq ft of space with an indoor lap pool, state of the art fitness room, fitness sessions (such as aquafit, pilates and yoga), dart boards, pool table, lending library, full kitchen, and great room for functions
- The Grill restaurant – with an outdoor patio overlooking Georgian Bay, offering both casual and fine dining
- The Lodge – lending library, fully functional boardroom, Kids Camp, full kitchen, computer and wireless access, pool tables, poker tables, air hockey, tv’s, etc.
- Designated trails instead of sidewalks throughout the community
- Summer activities – swimming, sailing, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, mountain biking, golf, hiking
- Winter activities – golf course cart path becomes a cross country ski path in the winter and is groomed providing a great path for snowshoeing or cross country skiing
- Deer, wild turkeys and other wildlife roaming the property
Highly Acclaimed Golf Course
Whether you are just learning to play the game, enjoy a relaxing round with friends, or like to make the game a challenging competition, the Golf Club at Lora Bay will exceed your expectations.
- Community is surrounded by the award winning Tom Lehman/Thomas McBroom-designed 18-hole championship golf course
- Nestled in the Blue Mountains, overlooking Georgian Bay
- Dramatic course design was dictated by the dynamic forested shoreline of brilliant Georgian Bay
- Every hole, bunker and green was intentionally sculpted to inspire players both visually and technically
Arts & Culture
It seems as people move up from the “city” they bring arts and cultural events with them. Visit the Meaford International Film Festival, Meaford Hall and Cultural Centre, Theatre Collingwood, Blue Mountain Foundation for the Arts, the six vibrant art galleries in Clarksburg, or the Marsh Street Centre featuring live bands, tribute bands, plays, and more.
The Meaford General Hospital is less than 10 minutes away and offers 24 hour ambulatory and emergency services as well as a number of outpatient services, such as lab, x-ray, physiotherapy and ultrasound. Specialists from Owen Sound and other larger centres travel to Meaford to offer general surgery, orthopedics, dermatology, plastics and mental health services.
As well, right in Thornbury is a 6,000 sq. ft. medical clinic which opened in September 2011 and provides practice space for four Family Physicians, including nine examination rooms, physician and staff offices, and state-of-the-art equipment and computer systems including electronic charting (Electronic Records Management/ERM systems). The centre also includes the Thornbury Physiotherapy Clinic providing residents with comprehensive care, all in one convenient location.
- Beaver Valley Community School – JK to Grade 8
- Georgian Bay Secondary School – Grade 9 to 12
- St. Vincent-Euphrasia Elementary School (French immersion school)
- Private School – Pretty River Academy – Preschool to Grade 12
- Catholic Public School & High School – St. Mary’s Catholic School and Jean Vanier Catholic High School